In conjunction with MyLinkedInPowerForum (MLPF), a Yahoo Group for LinkedIn power users, LinkedIn will start giving away three Personal Plus memberships every month to members of the group based on the following criteria:
- sharing concrete LinkedIn success stories and learnings that can help other MLPF members
- responses that include careful research and links to sources (including the MLPF list archive)
- local initiatives that helps educate local LinkedIn members or professional organizations face-to-face
- using LinkedIn to research and answer questions that come up in MLPF discussions
- getting exposure for an interesting local LinkedIn story in a local news source
- convincing senior executives to join LinkedIn based on an in-person conversation (must be someone member already has a strong relationship with)
- starting or growing a branch mailing list of MLPF
- helping MLPF members make more effective use of the LinkedIn search function.
The group’s creator, Vincent Wright, will choose six people every month who qualify based on the criteria above, and Konstantin Guericke, LinkedIn’s VP of Marketing, will choose the three winners, who will each receive a one-year Personal Plus membership ($60 value).
A Personal Plus membership gives you a higher introduction request limit and membership in the OpenLink Network (members who have identified that they are willing to connect with other members of the OpenLink Network).