I’d like to thank everyone who participated in the Smart Ways to Use LinkedIn Group Blogging Project, and especially the people who stepped up and donated over $4,000 in prizes. I was overwhelmed by your generosity. It enabled the start of what I hope will become a valuable resource for all LinkedIn users:
I’ve taken the group blogging project entries and added several other blog posts and articles I’ve compiled – 29 entries and growing – all on how to use LinkedIn to your benefit. The link above is the permanent home to that, and I hope you will use it as a resource for yourself, for people you may invite to LinkedIn and to answer naysayers who think there’s no value in it.
Now, on to the prizes…
For starters, all participants will receive a signed copy of Andy Sernovitz’s Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking and the first ten entries will receive signed copies of Liz Ryan’s Happy About Online Networking.
In addition, the following people will receive:
- Eric Mariacher – One admission to The Internet Marketing Main Event, September 14-17 in San Francisco from Paulie Sabol.
- CarlenLea – Her choice of a one-hour “Intro to LinkedIn” teleseminar for your organization or one month of personal LinkedIn coaching from Scott Allen (that’s me).
- Scott Sehlhorst – A copy of Trendwatching.com’s 2007 Trend Report courtesy of Reinier Evers.
- Matthew Reinbold – A lifetime JibberJobber membership courtesy of Jason Alba.
- Barbara Rozgonyi – Admission and 2 nights hotel to BlogWorld & New Media Expo in Las Vegas, November 8-9, courtesy of Rick Calvert.
- Nathan Gilliatt – 1 year of web hosting, 100 Meg with WordPress installed, plus domain registration, from ACS Web Services, courtesy of Kathie Thomas.
- Kathie Thomas – A half-hour coaching session via phone or Skype with Des Walsh.
- Andrew Shaindlin – A signed copy of Happy About LinkedIn for Recruiting from Bill Vick. This includes the over $500 in bonus items that come with the book.
- Brendon Connelly – A copy of Shally Steckerl’s Advanced Everything Bundle LinkedIn Networking and more, plus a signed copy of Wes Zimmerman’s, including the Advanced LinkedIn Cheatsheet, Advanced The Perception of a Difference, courtesy of Bill Austin
- Diane K. Danielson – A 3-month membership to MarketingSalad from Biana Babinsky plus a $20 Amazon gift certificate from Miki Saxon.
- Eric Eggertson – A book bundle consisting of:
- Steve Mulder’s The User Is Always Right courtesy of Scott Abel
- A signed copy of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Growing Your Business with Google from Dave Taylor
- A signed copy of The Virtual Handshake: Opening Doors and Closing Deals Online, signed by yours truly.
- F. John Reinke – A book bundle consisting of:
- Jason Alba – A book bundle consisting of:
Congratulations to all the winners and thanks again to all the prize donors! I’ll be contacting everyone over the next few days so you can work out delivery.
Don’t forget to bookmark the compilation – Smart Ways to Use LinkedIn – and share it on your blog, with your friends, etc. AND… if you missed the opportunity to participate in this one, don’t worry — stay tuned for Round 2!
P.S. – I tried to get everyone’s logo in… if I didn’t, it’s nothing personal…either you didn’t have one or it was too hard to extract from your site.