Please don’t send irrelevant messages to your LinkedIn connections or group members!
We’ve all seen spam messages, and with the growth of LinkedIn, now we see it there too. LinkedIn is vigilant in stomping people who break the rules. If enough people report your message as spam, your account could get suspended quick. This kind of stuff should be common sense, but sometimes… let’s just say we don’t all always practice good judgement. So here’s a little help!
Do any of your messages include these “spam alert” topics?
- The “419 scam” emails. (The “I lost my wallet in London…” emails)
- Asking for contact information of others in my network.
- Asking for a recommendation from people you don’t know.
- Sending a group invitation for a local group to someone outside of the area.
- Asking a connection to set up a job interview for you.
- Asking to “date” someone; LinkedIn is not a Match.com.