It seems I’ve been meme-tagged, so what better excuse to poke my head out from a several-week hiatus, eh? Ali over at Greener Assets has tagged me for the “7 random things about me that you might not know” meme.
So here we go…
- Although it’s many people’s biggest fear, public speaking is actually one of my very favorite activities. I spoke a couple of weeks ago at the Electronic Retailing Association annual conference and got snagged on the show floor for an interview by Technology Evangelist. If you’ve ever wondered what I look like beyond a tiny headshot, now you know.
- I’ve kissed a dolphin. It was a few years ago at Discovery Cove in Orlando, which I highly recommend — absolutely one of the best vacation experiences of my life. I can hardly wait to go back.
- I used to be a champion swing dancer. Not to brag, but I really had so many trophies I lost track. They were basically acting as a great big dust collector and we finally threw them all out. I’m way out of competition shape at this point, but I really miss it and hope to get back to it some day. I still love occasionally going out dancing with my wife (need to do that more!). Check out my dance photo gallery.
- I’m also a musician. I play guitar, bass, piano/synth and a little drums. I’ve played professionally but I’m not in a band at the moment. The past two years, though, I’ve been directing “Homeschool of Rock”, a rock band for homeschoolers.
- Speaking of homeschooling, we homeschool my son, Jordan. It’s been a great experience. He’s an actor and model – check out his portfolio. He’s a great kid – I just hope the next 5 years are as good as the first 13!
- Speaking of kids, I’m a grandfather, 4 times over: Caleb, Aubree, Christian and Michael (Mickey). OK, well, technically it’s via my stepsons (I’m only 41), but for all practical purposes, it’s the same, and I love them just as much. That’s the latest one at right.
- I love fantasy, sci-fi, role-playing — all that geeky stuff. I was a total Dungeons & Dragons nut growing up. I don’t have time for it much any more, other than a little bit of time playing Anarchy Online. But even really bad fantasy movies, I find thoroughly entertaining. At right is how I imagine my alter-ego.
So there you go! Now on to the next seven bloggers to carry on the meme…
fellow business b5ers…
- Miki at Leadership Turn
- Sean at Franchise Pick
- Kevin at Buzz Networker
- Shai at Just Make Money Online
other LinkedIn bloggers…
- Vincent at LinkedIn Business Discussion Index
- Fernando at Thoughts About the Future of LinkedIn
- Bill at Boost Your Career with LinkedIn