So you’ve gone click-happy with the endorsements on LinkedIn and now you’re a sad panda because you’re contributing to making them out to be more of an expert than they are, putting your own reputation on the line for this person you barely know (and who may not even be real). How do you “unendorse” them?
The user interface (UI) for doing this is actually really simple, but non-obvious. My friend Dave Taylor has step-by-step instructions, with pictures.
Dave’s written a bunch of great articles on LinkedIn over the years. He does a lot of step-by-step how-to’s, which unfortunately get out-of-date given how often LinkedIn changes their user interface, so I definitely recommend subscribing to get those when they’re fresh. Here are a few good ones that are “evergreen”:
- Best practices on sending LinkedIn invitations
- Best practices for a LinkedIn job search
- I’m unemployed. What do I list on LinkedIn?
- How can I get more LinkedIn invitations?
- How do you find people through LinkedIn?
- How do I narrow my search results on LinkedIn?