How to Contact LinkedIn Technical Support
First off, let me say that it’s ludicrous that this even merits a blog post, but LinkedIn has so obfuscated the process that it takes a lot of digging to find it. If you just want the link, here it is:
help.linkedin.com/app/ask (updated 9/15/2012)
If you’d like to see how to find it for yourself, read on. Also, if you don’t get any response at the link above, there are some ideas on how to escalate your issue at the end of the post.
I had my attention called to this issue on Twitter today:
It actually took me a couple of minutes to figure out. I won’t bore you with all the dead-ends I tried that didn’t work…let me just show you what did:
1. Scroll down to the bottom of any page on LinkedIn:
2. Click on the Customer Service Link. This takes you to the LinkedIn Customer Service Center, where they invite you to first try to help yourself:
3. At this point, click on any of the FAQ entries – doesn’t matter which one. Once you do, now at the top of the page there will be an Ask Customer Service tab (why it’s not there on the first page is a mystery to me, but it isn’t):
4. That will finally put you on a contact form that will allow you to submit your question to customer service. You can even attach a file if needed, such as a screenshot of the problem:
What happens then? Well, LinkedIn isn’t known for their customer service — nice enough people once you get to someone, but they’re massively understaffed and overloaded. If you don’t get the response you need, here are some additional ways to try to escalate your issue:
1. According to ContactHelp.com, LinkedIn’s phone number is 650-687-3600, then press 5 to reach a live person. Based on the comments, though, good luck actually talking to technical support.
4. Try community support. If something’s actually broken, that won’t help, but if it’s just a matter of figuring out how to do something, or if it even can be done, other LinkedIn users are pretty helpful. Try GetSatisfaction.com or the Using LinkedIn category on LinkedIn Answers.